U City will be home to:
- The city hub for Uniting Communities offering a diverse range of social services including crisis support through Lifeline Adelaide, services for youth, a range of family and relationship counselling services, services for older people and people living with disability
- Commercial and retail tenants (including a café and small bar)
- Specialist disability housing and short-term respite disability apartments
- 41 beautifully appointed retirement living apartments featuring the best in energy efficiency and environmentally sustainable design on the 13th to 18th floors. U City will also feature a dedicated indoor/outdoor community room for residents on the 13th floor
- This $80 million project will create a 20-storey, mixed-use building, bringing together Uniting Communities’ extensive service offering and specialist disability long-term rental and short-term respite accommodation, commercial and retail spaces with the very first of its kind, city retirement living.
U City offers a retirement location like no other with access to:
- Food – Adelaide Central Market, Chinatown and specialist grocers
- Dining – Gouger St, Waymouth St and more
- Transport – A short walk to access bus, tram and train networks that connect with anywhere in the Adelaide metropolitan area
- Entertainment – Her Majesty’s Theatre, Victoria Square, Adelaide Oval, Festival Theatre
- Medical Support – Royal Adelaide Hospital, Wakefield, St Andrew’s and Memorial Hospital and medical specialists.
- The design of apartments and facilities has been widely researched and professionally prepared and will offer sweeping views across the Adelaide Hills, city and coast. One-, two- or three-bedroom options – some with studies – all with balconies, will have a strong sustainability focus and provide access to amenities including shared communal spaces.
U City will have a great number of services and support available for residents including:
- A 24 hour a day, 7 day a week concierge service (first aid qualified)
- The facilities will include access to a café/restaurant, gym equipment, library and a communal BBQ area.
- Residents will also have access to all of the great community care support services provided by Uniting Communities through fee for payment or subsidised care arrangement